Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The First Day of Fifth Grade

I can't believe how much we got done today! I learned so many new things about my amazing students. You are talented, fun, smart and ambitious young people! Of the many things we did today, my favorite activity was learning about your names. We have such a wide variety of names in our class originating from places and civilizations all over the world. I was impressed by how everyone got right to work crafting the story of their name. I can tell that this is going to be a very personal and special piece to all of you. Don't forget to show your parents our day planner that shows all the activities we did today. And most importantly to give them the green letter that went home at the end of the day. This letter tells your parents how to help you find a treasure to bring in to school tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment